Thursday, April 8, 2010

Macro Flowers in the Early Morning

This morning I work up early to catch some of that morning dew and rising sunlight.  I rented this amazing 55mm Macro Nikon Lens that I absolutely love, hopefully it will be mine soon :).

Since I primarily photograph people, I tend to use this lens for little details during a wedding (hands, invitations, rings, etc) and Babies! they are tinny right... and they have lots of cute little lines on the bottoms of their feet that I love to capture.

Well this morning I used the lens to capture pollen and ants crawling on some beautiful spring flowers some soon to be fall fruit.  I never realized how difficult it was to get the subject in focus (since I have a very very narrow depth of field) and the plants are constantly moving in the wind, I can't get myself stabile enough and the ants keep moving! haha all in all I had fun and it was not really that successful with the ants. Maybe next time.. they are kinda gross close up anyway.

White climbing roses

Lavender
 
Valencia Oranges

1 comment:

  1. Macro is the funnest. I really like the oranges, the colors come out so nicely on those two shots.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails