Saturday, December 12, 2009

My family in the industry

It seems like there are more and more of my family members getting into the wedding industry. I was the first one to join by getting into photography, but now we have a second photographer, wedding planner & florist, and Mikasa Linens (company that provides Linens & Chair covers for events) which happens to be my mother. So I have a great well rounded sense of what goes into a wedding.
Today my aunt (a wedding co-ordinator & florist) asked me to assist her on a 233 person wedding party set up. I was more than happy to help her out, anything that keeps me in the loop of Weddings and Portraiture. The bride did not have a very big budget, sticking with polyester chair covers and table linens. BUT. My aunt working her magic, transformed the whole room making it look like it was worth 3X what the bride had paid by adding little extras like chair cover sashes, draping fabric over key tables only (Cake & Sweetheart) more small arrangements rather than fewer larger ones, and all the xmas decorations that were provided by the venue really helped pull the room together. The Long Beach location added to the ambiance with Christmas reefs, and 6-7 Christmas trees fully decorated throughout.
The smell of roses, pine, and eucalyptus filled the air! some of my favorite cents (I am a total nature lover).
I use to think that December weddings, being so close to the holidays, would take attention away from the couple. I have completely changed my mind. I feel like it really brought people together, and people who during any other time of the year would not have been able to make it.

Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. Angel!! (real last name, how perfect is that)

Sorry, no pics this time... and I have no idea what happened to the ones on my last post.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails